The KeepTruckin team paid a visit to the Great American Trucking Show. It was our first visit to the event, and with a fresh set of eyes, we wanted to share our experience:
1. Trucks Galore — Photos from the pride & polish floor
2. ELDs — Managing the cost of compliance
ELD compliance has been a hot topic, leading Overdrive to issue a comparison of vendor prices. Newer players (like KeepTruckin), are coming in at far lower price points though, attempting to reduce the overhead burden on smaller fleets and owner-operators.
3. America’s Road Team — Million-mile accident-free club
We loved seeing our ATA partners from America’s Road Team. Gary Babbit (right) has over 5,000,000 miles of accident-free driving! We appreciate the great work he and the others from the Road Team do to spread the word about highway safety.
4. Controversy — Howard Abramson’s NYT op-ed column
5. Recruiting Drivers — CNBC’s trucking CEO panel
In a panel that included leadership from Covenant, Swift, and Werner, solutions to take on the driver shortage were addressed. The concern is that more drivers are expected to retire soon, and many are worried that younger drivers won’t fill the void.
Check out KeepTruckin’s piece on recruiting millennial drivers if you’re curious!