Fleet management metrics are measurements and statistics of various fleet performance aspects.
Together with your fleet management KPIs, these metrics are useful for assessing and tracking your fleet’s productivity and profitability. These quantitative assessments also help you analyze and compare your fleet operations more easily across different periods.
Some fleet management metrics you can monitor are:
- Driver safety: The number of harsh driving events, high-risk incidents, and speeding events
- Fuel efficiency: Kilometers per liter (of fuel burned), duration of engine idling, and frequency of unauthorized fuel consumption
- Productivity: Mileage and time on site
- Asset utilization: Assets inactive for more than two days
- Preventive maitenance or predictive maintenance: The number of unexpected maintenance events