A vehicle tracking system is an electronic device installed within the vehicle to monitor that vehicle’s activity. It’s often paired with fleet management software to make fleet tracking easier and streamlined.
The most common vehicle data that the system collects are:
- Fuel consumption
- Driver behavior
- Vehicle fault codes
Companies that own or lease a fleet of vehicles often invest in vehicle tracking systems to improve the efficacy of their fleets. By using a vehicle tracking system with powerful fleet management software, fleets can:
- Uncover the best and quickest route to their destination.
- Improve the driving habits of their commercial drivers.
- Drastically reduce fuel consumption.
- Get better insurance premiums.
- Quickly and comprehensively conduct preventive maintenance work.
- Comply with government regulations.