Effective Date: April 1, 2019
KeepTruckin’s mission is to connect the world’s trucks – central to this mission is our commitment to be transparent about the ways we collect, use, and share your personal information and the other data we collect about you when you use our products and services.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Information We Collect About You
- 3. How We Use and Retain Your Information
- 4. How We Share Your Information With Third Parties
- 5. How We Protect Your Information
- 6. Your Choices Regarding Your Information
- 7. International Transfers of Your Information
- 9. Contact Us
2. Information We Collect About You
We need to collect certain information about you in order to provide and improve the Services, to administer and help you manage your use of the Services (including your account, if you are an account holder), and to enable us to help you customize your experience using the Services.
Information that You Provide
You provide personally identifying information to us when you create an account with us or use the Services.
We collect information about you that you provide to us when you create an account, sign up to use the Services, undergo account or identity verification, communicate with us, upload content, answer our surveys, or otherwise use the Services or interact with us, including:
- Personally Identifying Information ("PII"). Your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, photograph, birthdate, driver's license, commercial driver's license, or other government-issued identification (and all of the foregoing that you or any End User or Administrator provides with respect to any End Users).
- Financial Information.Bank account, credit card numbers, and other publicly available information.
- Non-Identifying Information. Information that you provide to us that cannot be used by itself to identify you or any other individual, including your DOT number, carrier name, and cycle rule.
- Other Information You Provide. Any other information that you provide to us voluntarily, including any survey responses, participation in promotions or contests, or referrals.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
We collect other information about you when you use our Services, such as your location, device information, as well as information about how you use the Services.
We also collect information about you and the devices you use to access the Services, including:
- Location Information. Information about where you are located, such as by converting a User's Internet Protocol (IP) address into a rough geolocation or through GPS or wireless network triangulation to derive your precise geolocation. We may use location information to improve and personalize the Services (for example, by enabling a User to complete driving logs) and to contact you about service offerings that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of such marketing communications by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Device Information. Information about your device, including the hardware model, operating system, device identifier, mobile network information, and information about how your device interacts with the Services.
- Use Information. Information about how you use the Services (we refer to this information as "Log Data"). Log Data may include information such as a User's IP address, browser type, operating system, the web page that a User was visiting before accessing the Services, the pages or features of the Services with which a User engaged and the time spent on those pages or features, the links within the Services that a User clicked on, driving logs entered into the Services, documents uploaded to the Services, messages exchanged on the Services, and other statistics.
- End User and Driver Information. Information you provide about End Users and/or Drivers authorized to use the Services under your account. This may include information about your employees or independent consultants.
- Other Information. Any other information you upload to, or that is derived from, your use of the Services.
Information We Collect About You Using Cookies
We collect information about you and your use of the Services through cookies and similar tracking technologies.
We also collect information about you and the devices you use to access the Services through the use of "cookies," which are small text files that are saved by your browser when you access the Services, including our Site. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies; unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted when you log off from the Services and/or Site and close your browser.
Although most browsers are set by default to automatically accept cookies, you can adjust your browser settings to either stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies. Please note, however, that if you don't accept cookies you may not be able to access and use certain features of the Services and the Site.
We may use the information derived from the cookies placed on your device for any of the following purposes:
- To identify that you've logged in to the Services or visited our Site and to remember that you have visited us or used the Services before.
- To tell us how and when you interact with the Services and the Site
- To monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on the Services and the Site.
- To collect data in order to provide and improve our advertising campaigns, including by sending information to our third-party partners.
- To customize and improve the Services and the Site.
Some third-party service providers that we work with (including third-party advertisers) may also place their own cookies on your browser. For example, if we send you any offers for services or products provided by our partners or affiliates or you click a link to one of our partner's or affiliate's or another third party's websites or services, then such partner, affiliate, or other third party may also place cookies on your browser.
Our Site and emails may contain web beacons in order to help us better manage content on our Site.
Our Site and some third-party sites and HTML-formatted emails use web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about your website usage and your interaction with email. A web beacon is an electronic image, called a single-pixel (1x1) or clear GIF. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies, the time and date of a page viewed, and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed. You may be able to disable web beacons in email messages by not downloading images contained in the message you receive (this feature varies depending on the email software used on your personal computer). However, doing this may not always disable a web beacon or other automatic data collection tools in the email message due to specific email software capabilities.
For more information about this, please refer to the information provided by your email software or service provider. If you choose to receive marketing emails or newsletters from KeepTruckin, we may automatically collect personal information about you. For example, through web beacons and personalized URLs embedded in these emails or newsletters, KeepTruckin can track whether you’ve opened those messages and whether you’ve clicked on links contained within those messages.
Information from Third Parties
We may also obtain personal information about you from third parties.
Third parties may provide us with PII they have collected about you from you or from further online and offline sources, such as marketing data from our partners and third-parties that is combined with information we already have about you, to provide you with more relevant communications and better tailored offers. We are not liable for any processing of your PII by such third parties prior to, during or after them providing it to us. We may combine such PII with the PII we already have about you to provide you with a better experience, evaluate your interest in our products or improve the quality of our products and services.
Information from Children
We do not collect information from children under 13 years old.
You must be 18 years or older to use our Services. Our Services are not directed to, nor intended for use by, children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect PII from children under 13. If we learn that we have inadvertently come into possession of PII relating to a child under 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our files and systems as soon as possible.
3. How We Use and Retain Your Information
We use the information you provide to us (and that we collect from you or your device) in order to provide, maintain, personalize, support, and improve our Services.
We use the information about you that you provide (and that we collect from you or your device) for a number of purposes, including the following:
- Account setup, administration and management
- Identity verification
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Providing, pricing, and improving the Services
- Developing and pricing new products and services
- Communicating with you by phone and email about the Services (including communicating with you about marketing and promotions from KeepTruckin, our affiliates, and our partners)
- To learn more about how we use your phone number to communicate with you, please click here.
- To learn more about you can opt out of marketing and promotional communications from us, please click here.
- Fraud prevention
- Spam and malware protection
- Enforcing our Terms of Service and other applicable agreements and/or policie
- Any other purpose disclosed to you or to which you consent
We retain your information (even after you close any accounts with us) only for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide you with the Services or to comply with applicable law.
5. How We Protect Your Information
When You Use the Services
We use reasonable measures to ensure that your information is protected for unauthorized access, misuse, alteration, destruction, and disclosure.
We take reasonable measures to protect the information that we collect from you (including your PII and Customer Data) from unauthorized access, misuse, alteration, destruction, and exfiltration. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
When You Click Links to and Use Third-Party Sites & Services
6. Your Choices Regarding Your Information
Modifying Your Information
You can update your personal information at any time by contacting us.
You can access and modify the PII associated with your account by changing your "account settings" on the Site or the App. If you want us to delete your PII and your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We'll take steps to delete your information as soon as reasonably practicable, but some of your information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law.
Marketing and Promotional Communications
You can opt out of certain marketing and/or promotional communications by contacting us or following the instructions in the communication you receive.
You can opt out of receiving marketing and/or promotional communications from us by following the instructions contained in those communications, emailing us at email@example.com, or by reaching out to us at the contact information listed below. Please note that even if you decide to opt out of marketing and promotional communications, we may still contact you in order to communicate with you about your account and/or use of the Services.
Do Not Track Signals
Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our Users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident you can request certain details about how we share your personal information with third parties for direct marketing.
If you reside in California you may request certain details about our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding year. If you are a California resident and would like to make a request for this information, please reach out to us at the contact information listed below.
7. International Transfers of Your Information
You understand that your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, systems located outside of your jurisdiction.
9. Contact Us